Sunday, March 25, 2007

Caffeine Withdrawl Sucks

I needed to get off caffeine. It ruled my life and it was starting to affect my health. I couldnt sleep and felt like I constantly needed to be doing something. Then, I would crash feeling like doing nothing.

So, it was all about the caffeine. And I resolved to get off it.

It is horrible. You shake, you have panic attacks, your body goes on complete craving cycle. You feel like you are going to vomit. At first, I thought something was wrong with me until I did a little research and found these side affects are very common. And that most Doctors feel that coming off caffeine is like coming off any other addictive drug. It takes a week to two weeks to fully be free of it.

Wonderful. I hope this is all worth it because I feel terrible right now. I cannot concentrate, and I feel this constant need for something, the need for caffeine. Water helps alot, but doesnt do away with the affect right away.

I know it doesnt really compare, but I have complete sympathy with people who have to get off heroin or some such drug. The desperate need for something, the body crying out for it and not getting it. I have much more sympathy for them.

I think this is what St. Paul meant when he said to beat the body and make it your slave, so you are not its slave. Of course, that can apply to anything, but I think it is anything that has control over you. TV. Sex. Food. Whatever. Heck, apparently even cell phone addiction is now a problem.

Now, that is one I don't understand. But, then, maybe that is another post.

No comments: