Sunday, March 18, 2007

Living in Columbus Ohio

I have lived in Columbus for two and half months now.

I love it.

There are many reasons for it. First, I love the church here. It is an amazing church with a great guy as the senior pastor. We have worked so well together I cannot believe it. I have to keep pinching myself. and, the people here are so amazingly talented and love Jesus. It challenges me and pushes me in all kinds of areas. It is the church of my dreams. I know this is dramatic, but it really is.

Second, I love the city itself. It might seem strange to people who live in a city that has more of everything; more things to do, more sun, more people, more mountains, more beaches, etc. But for a city this size, it has an incredible life and vibe. The city is home to Ohio State University which kicks up its energy. There are plenty of music venues, activity, coffee houses fueled by creative energy of 50000 college students. Plus, I have become a raving Buckeye fan thanks to the four basketball games I went to this season.

But, there is more here and I keep discovering it all the time. The book stores, oh the beautiful book stores. Used, new, independent. You name it. Books are like a drug to me. Every time I walk into a book store, its like a junkie shooting up. Graphic image? Maybe, but it is true. When I lived in Lakeland, Florida, I kept having withdraw. Books A Million? Please. It's like walking into a warehouse with a bunch of books. No life. No vibe. No atmosphere.


The art museum is really great as well. It is small but has plenty to offer. It is good for a Sunday afternoon.

There is more and I will keep talking about it as I discover more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww yeah, J-Dub's in the blogosphere.

grandpaboy said...

If you haven't yet, check out the Acorn Bookshop on 5th Ave in Grandview. It's a nice shop run by very friendly and knowledgable people.