Sunday, March 18, 2007

Welcome to Reformed Charismatic Pope

Here it is. I have stared my first blog. I have no idea why I have never started one. Busy, I guess. I am Husband, Dad, minister and a writer. That takes up a lot of time. Now, I am an assistant pastor and I have way more creative time. So here is part of that creative energy.

Since this is a welcome, I should explain the name, Reformed Charismatic Pope. Back in college, a friend of mine said I would end up being the first Reformed Charismatic Pope. He was talking about my background, born Catholic, raised in the Charismatic movement and now a minister in a denomination that holds to reformed theology.

And really, the name still fits, I think. I am certainly Reformed, which means that I hold to a certain theology that believe that God is sovereign over all of life including how people are saved. I am charismatic in the sense that I believe the Holy Spirit works today. I don't believe in speaking in tongues. However, I believe the Holy Spirit is active in ways that would make some of my denomination (PCA) uncomfortable to talk about. And finally, the pope. Well, I love church history and I believe that we have 2000 years of church history, not just since the Reformation. I will expand on all of this more.

Hopefully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome, to the blogosphere, brother, pastor Jonathan. I think it will suit you rather nicely. And a blog here is much nicer than the ones in the myspace format, in my opinion, and I am happy you made the switch.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I never thought that the nickname I gave you back in school would still stick. Thanks for the link.
BC