Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It is finished


I don't know if everyone knew this, but I have been writing a book. Well, have been writing for four years. The idea first came to me ten years ago in college and it started off as a kid's book about a boy named Lewis and a dwarf named Archibald. And now, the idea has completely changed and evolved in a way that I can hardly believe. Archibald is no longer a dwarf, but a shapeshifter with a dark past trying to be a hero. The story has gotten darker, but also better, as it is more truthful while showing good over evil.


It is weird to think that all of this came out of my head and my imagination. But, really, it has been a life time coming. I have always loved the weird and strange about America. The weird roadside attractions, the mysterious mounds, the weird creatures that haunt our woods and little traveled places. And, I think it is all that inspired this book. It has been fun to write, and write, and write and write. I think certain sections have undergone at least ten rewrites.

I think it is a good story. But, the writing, well, i am trying hard to be a better writer. Thanks to my wife and some friends and a writer's group, i think I have gotten better.

Now, if I can just get an agent and find a publisher who will publish the silly thing.

No comments: